Village 88’s first-ever virtual job fair is coming! And we are inviting companies here in the Philippines to meet our graduates, who are all excited and ready to start their career journeys.
Attending Village 88 Job fair allows you to hire fresh talents that other companies haven’t scouted because they just finished our training program.
This job fair’s goal is to help candidates land their jobs as developers and also to make companies’ sourcing process a lot easier.
Let’s discuss ways you can prepare yourself for Village 88’s virtual job fair as an employer, Hiring Manager, HR, or Recruiter.
1. Identify your company’s talent needs
Be clear with your goals in the job fair by preparing your identified talent needs. Of course, it’s easier to find something you are aware of. And here are some of the things to identify your talent needs:
- Know what job roles to fill and their job descriptions and requirements.
- Create a checklist of your or your company’s candidate preferences and expectations
- Know how many talents you need.
2. Make a good and lasting impression
Make a good first and lasting impression by marketing your company well at the job fair. Get candidates’ attention, make them curious, and encourage them to apply to your company.
Here are some of the ways you may consider to make a good impression:
- Carefully choose who would represent your company.
- Since it’s a virtual job fair, make sure your background is clear or create an eye-catching virtual background.
- Prepare an impactful pitch. Here are some of the ways you can consider to make a good impression:
3. Prepare good questions
Asking good questions is also one of the ways to attract and engage potential applicants. It indicates professionalism, intelligence, and deep interest in the job fair.
You can also use this method as a message that you are interested in interviewing or hiring one of the candidates. Keep asking them, and show your interest. This will leave an impact on them. In addition, it’s a good way to collect data on candidates’ company preferences and expectations.
Here are some of the questions you may consider asking:
- How would you describe your ideal company or work environment?
- What made you decide to become a developer?
- Do you have any questions for me?
4. Get ready to be questioned by candidates (Research and prepare answers).
Job fair candidate attendees are looking for a company to apply to, and they will surely try their best to get other companies’ attention. This means they will also try to make good impressions or have a powerful impact and ask good questions. And it would be best if you were prepared for them.
These are the type of questions they might ask:
- About your company’s job opening details
- Details about your hiring process
- Your candidate preferences or expectations
You can read more about this in this article.
5. Check your email for the resume list.
After the job fair, we will compile the candidates’ resumés. You will receive Village 88’s resume list highlighting the candidates who are interested in joining your company.
So be sure to check emails from us!
We hope this helps in your preparation to join our virtual job fairs on November 3–30, 2022. We also encourage you to join Village 88 Employer Network to stay updated about our future job fairs, which will happen every six months and receive our resume list.